We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected and/or disclosed the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We may use or disclose the following categories of your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Other entities controlled by or under common control with Vermilion
- Service providers
- Contractors or sub-contractors
- Our lawyers, auditors, and/or consultants
- Federal, state, and local governments (as required by law)
- Third parties with whom you direct us to share your Personal Information
- Other third parties such as consumer reporting agencies when we perform employee
- Other third parties such as consumer reporting agencies when we perform employee background screenings
We primarily use the information we collect from and about you:
- To improve website functionality, understand website interaction trends, gather demographic insights about our website user base, personalize your experience on our website, and otherwise administer and improve our website and services.
- To execute business activities, including completing our services.
- To conduct marketing and promotional activities, including responding to inquiries about Vermilion’s services.
- To recruit employees, including to conduct employment-related background screening and checks.
- To administer benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
- To pay and reimburse for expenses, including salary administration, payroll management, payment of expenses, and to administer other compensation-related payments.
- To assist you in case of emergency, including maintenance of contact details for you and your dependents in case of personal or business emergency.
- To monitor employees’ eligibility to work in the U.S.
- To a facilitate better working environment, including providing senior management information about other employees and conducting training.
- To ensure a safe and efficient working environment, which includes Vermilion’s actions relating to disciplinary actions and code of conduct processes and investigations.
- To maintain security on Vermilion’s websites and other internet connected assets, which includes hosting and maintenance of computer systems and infrastructure, management of Vermilion’s software and hardware computer assets, systems testing, such as development of new systems and end-user testing of computer systems, training, and monitoring email and Internet access.
- To comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as state and federal legal obligations and internal company reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic and Health, Safety, Security and Environmental reporting.
Any third-party that receives personal information from Vermilion may only process the information in accordance with applicable data processing agreements or contract terms.
We do not sell your personal information.
You may have the right to request to:
- Access the personal data we have about you;
- Receive an electronic copy of the personal data we have about you;
- Rectify any errors in your personal data;
- Delete your personal data; and
- Restrict or object to how we process personal data about you.
If you have any comments, requests, or questions, or to exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either calling the toll-free number below or submitting a written request via the email address or the street address below.
ATTN: Legal Department 700 Meadow Lane North Minneapolis, MN 55422
We may require you to provide certain personal information to allow us to verify your identity, such as your email address, phone number, billing zip code, etc. or by requesting you submit your request via your customer account if one exists. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make these privacy requests on your behalf to exercise these rights in accordance with California law. If this occurs, we will require the agent to provide proof that you have authorized it to act on your behalf and may require you to verify your own identity with us directly before we accept a request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
We do not sell your personal information. Nevertheless, if you are a resident of the state of Nevada and would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, request to us by submitting a written request via the email address or the street address below.
ATTN: Legal Department – 700 Meadow Lane North Minneapolis, MN 55422
You must write “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” at the top of your request. We will maintain this request and honor it should we begin selling personal information in the future.